Infamous: Tiger King

 

Infamous: Tiger King https://www.amazon.com/Infamous-Tiger-King-Michael-Frizell/dp/194973854X is a 24-page, full color, flip-book biographic comic inspired by the popular Netflix documentary series "Tiger King." Written by Michael Frizell, drawn by Joe Paradise, and published by TidalWave Productions.

Okay, let me say up front here, I have not watched Tiger King. After reading this comic I think I will, but going into this comic I had no knowledge of what this was about. The comic starts in present day with an interview and explores the life of the main character of Tiger King. The comic takes you back in the life of the main character and reveals significant events that led to his eventual involvement in the animal park. The supporting characters are developed with enough detail to make their own stories intriguing without pulling the reader too far away from the central story. 

I really liked the story, so much in fact I now plan to watch Tiger King, but I must say I also really enjoyed the art! The illustration style and the selection of colors bring the story to life! The cartoonish use of bold lines and bright colors create a dynamic visual that perfectly captures this unusual tale! 

This comic also includes a page about the treatment of animals written by PETA Foundation Director of Captive Animal Law Enforcement Brittany Peet, who was also in the Netflix documentary. 

You can get Infamous: Tiger King at https://www.amazon.com/Infamous-Tiger-King-Michael-Frizell/dp/194973854X and find more from TidalWave Productions at https://tidalwavecomics.com/


Comments